If you are looking for a part time job in the field of Maintenance, and enjoy working with people, we have the job for you. Peoples Park Towers is an independent living retirement facility who provides rental accommodations for seniors who need minimal to moderate support with their daily lives. Our Maintenance employees support several local buildings in the Greater Moncton Area, and we are looking for a diligent and professional individual to join our Maintenance team.
The maintenance worker is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties both indoors and outdoors. The successful candidate will participate in and demonstrate an understanding in safety principles and practices in day to day activities. Follows all safe work practices and procedures, communicates any actions and follow up. Candidates must be comfortable working in various conditions and includes periods of standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, lifting and turning.
- Service and repair minor electrical and plumbing equipment
- Minor repairs to refrigerators, stoves, washers, and dryers
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Conduct general building maintenance and repair
- Perform seasonal grounds maintenance including lawn maintenance, snow removal, etc.
- Collect and dispose of garbage
- Ensure all other maintenance needs are completed and log books are up to date
- Service, maintain and test emergency power, generator and lighting
- Assist with regular inspections
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A general knowledge of building maintenance, plumbing and heating, electrical, painting
- Ability to work alone and also as part of a team
- Candidate must have a flexible schedule to work weekends and evenings
- Post secondary training in related trade is considered and asset
- RCMP criminal history check must be provided
- Minimum of 1 year experience
- Must be able to lift 75lbs without assistance
This is a part time position with 32 hours per week. The successful candidate will have a flexible schedule and be willing to work weekends, and will also carry a pager.
Peoples Park Tower has been approved as an employer with the NB SEED program which offers subsidies to hire summer students that have received a voucher for the program. If you are a student that would fit our requirements, please advise in your application that you have a SEED voucher.
All interested candidates can forward their resume along with salary expectation to:
Kim Jones, Human Resources Manager
Fax: (506) 852-9061
Mail or In Person:
Peoples Park Tower Inc.
55 Camden Crescent, Moncton, NB E1E 4S9
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.