Peoples Park Tower, A Great Place to Be, A Great Place to Grow
If you are person who has a passion for making a difference in someone's life and a love for seniors, we have the position for you.
The Cook will be responsible for the preparation and cooking of breakfast, lunch and supper for our residents. The successful candidate will have attention to detail, focus on quality and professional manner.
- Prepares and cooks complete meals or food such as sauces, soups, salads, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish dishes & desserts.
- Ensures the maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
- Ensures proper storage, handling and rotation of food, desserts, & cleaning supplies.
- Ensures efficient operation of a Kitchen and Line by coordinating and providing work direction to cook assistance, Dishwasher and Bus Person.
- Organizes workstations for each shift while maintaining a high level of productivity and sanitation at all times.
- Works closely with Dining Room Supervisor and serving staff to ensure food presentation consistence and delivery times for services.
- Prepares dessert carts & room service in a timely fashion, when deemed necessary.
- Ensure all stocks are maintained at an accurate level and notify of shortages.
- Knowledge of proper handling and storage procedures for food.
- Dexterity and coordination are required for the operation of cooking appliances/equipment.
- A high degree of speed and precision is required to ensure the proper and timely production of food.
- Good knowledge of current food trends.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a cook in a large volume eatery.
- Ability to work successfully while standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift heavy objects in the day to day operations of the kitchen.
- Ability to work in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Flexibility with scheduling.
- Must be able to provide a RCMP Criminal Background Check.
To be considered, the candidate should have a minimum of 1 year experience, be able to work well as a team and work with safety and cleanliness in mind at all times.
Benefits are included if working 30+ hours; health, dental, vision, life and pension.
All interested candidates can forward their resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Fax: (506) 852-9061
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those being considered will be contacted for a phone screen or interview.